Our School Motto
Our motto speaks for itself, we strive to ensure
that after 8+ years, our children leave us as confident, articulate, respectful and well-educated young people, fully-equipped for the challenges and opportunities they will face in post-primary education.
The children in front of us today are indeed
the Leaders of tomorrow.....
St. Malachy’s Primary School is committed to the aims of Catholic Education and to the provision of an effective education for all its pupils. We seek to prepare our pupils for the opportunities, responsibilities and experience of adult life.
Our Aims for the Pupils
Our school promotes high achievement and learning for life by working with children to:
- develop appropriate Christian attitudes, values and beliefs
- realise their full learning potential and achieve high standards in all areas of the curriculum
- develop lively and enquiring minds with a spirit of curiosity and the ability to make
Mission for the School
- inspire a life-long love of learning, a knowledge of how to learn and the motivation to produce their best work
- work collaboratively and independently, building an awareness of pride in their own talents, skills and abilities
- develop self-discipline, independence, courtesy, good manners and a respect for all our community
- be positive and adaptable participants in the modern world community
- have high self-esteem -respecting, with knowledge and understanding of the world in which we live, the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations and a tolerance of other religions and cultures
- gain advanced technological skills.
We believe that each child will succeed through experiencing quality in:
- a broad, balanced, relevant and practical curriculum
- a strong, caring and effective pastoral system
- an enriching programme of extra-curricular activities and visits
- a rich varied and up to date range of learning resources
- innovative teaching and an investigative approach to learning
- an ethos of support, challenge and encouragement to succeed
- learning partnerships between school, home, Church and community.
We demonstrate our commitment by:
- striving for continuous improvement and excellence in all that we do
- ensuring effective communication between all members of the school community
- providing for the pastoral and welfare needs of all
- ensuring the development of all members of staff
- working collaboratively towards common goals